MLA format is one of the most commonly used for writing research papers
Writing a research paper requires different types of formatting. When students are assigned a writing project, the citation and writing style is also determined by professors. However, there are times when instructors allow students to choose their own way of writing and formatting a research paper. In such cases, most students prefer hire someone to do my homework. MLA, or Modern Language Association, is considered the easiest style of writing. In fact, knowing how to do research is not enough to get an “A” grade.
MLA format writing has a simple layout, which is one reason why most researchers prefer to use this style. Times New Roman font, size twelve (12), is used for this type. A one-inch margin is made on all sides (left, right, top, and bottom). The paper should be typed double-spaced. A separate title page is not required for the MLA paper. The name of the researcher is usually placed at the top left corner of the first page. The next line is followed by the name of the professor, then the course title, and then the date.
One important and crucial part of the written work is the citation. It is true that it is not forbidden to use someone else’s work, but it is necessary to indicate to whom it belongs. To avoid plagiarism, authors must adhere to the rules of writing. In-text citation, also called parenthetical citation, leads readers to the works citation page, where more specific information is given. The works citation page should contain the information necessary for the reader to retrieve information from sources provided by the author.
There are simple and easy to follow requirements when doing an in-text citation:
– Intra-text citation is also known as parenthetical citation, and it denotes the use of parentheses; an open parenthesis is placed immediately after the quotation. The author’s name is placed inside the parenthesis, followed by the page number of the reference, followed by a closed parenthesis followed by a punctuation mark.
– In-text citations should correspond to the page cited. Each source cited in the main body of the paper should be listed on the works cited page.
– To cite more than one source, the writer may use a semicolon to separate authors’ names.
Like in-text citations, the works citation page has important factors to follow:
– The citation page should be placed at the end of the work.
– Write the unformatted words Works Cited, (they should not be in bold or underlined).
– Authors’ names should be listed in alphabetical order (last name, first name, middle initial/middle initial).
There are other important citation rules, and some do get accused of plagiarism not because they didn’t cite sources, but because the sources were cited incorrectly. EssayWritingHelp provides custom research papers that include page(s) of citations, whether the paper is in APA, Harvard, MLA and other writing styles. This is to ensure that students are not held liable for the illegal use of someone else’s work.