IT Asset Management Foundation – in 3 minutes
Managing IT Assets is increasingly important nowadays, but for many also still far away from their main focus. This might be caused by its interdisciplinary nature as the ownership of IT Asset Management might not be so obvious for various stakeholder. The growing importance of IT Asset Management is driven by increasing complexity of IT, pressure on effective and efficient utilization of organization’s funds, as well as IT security imperative. What is IT Asset Management and what are its key elements and concepts? IT Asset Management Foundation was created by professionals to help anyone make a start in IT Asset Management and understand its relation to well-known and accepted standards and best practices like ISO 19770 and ITIL 4.
IT Asset Management Foundation
- The Basics:
IT Asset Management Foundation provides an comprehensive introduction on IT Assets and specifics of their management. It is written for anyone that wants to start in IT Asset Management area, either holistically or with focus on particular stream according to which IT Assets are to be managed. It also describes how ITAM practice is linked to ITSM practices, how it is interfaced to non-IT processes and who are typical stakeholders for each specific stage of IT Asset Management process. Besides the ICT security specific topics attention is given to the organization and governance of IT security, including people, technology, and processes essential for the security of corporate assets. The book is on purpose not very technical everyone should be able to understand it.
The purpose of IT Asset Management Foundation is to describe all essential areas of IT Asset Management and also builds a solid foundation for further study of its components on advanced level. It provides also refferences to the ISO 19770 and ITIL 4, as in the latest relase of ITIL, IT Asset Management became one of its practices. The book covers following areas:
- IT Asset Management Introduction
- Hardware Asset Management Introduction
- Software Asset Management Introduction
- Service & Cloud Asset Management Introduction
- People & Information Asset Management Introduction
- IT Asset Management Interfaces Introduction
Providing a comprehensive and holistic approach on IT Asset Management with emphasis on each stage of lifecycle of an IT Asset and the stakeholders involved. Having IT Assets under the control is an improtant pre-requisite to spend IT budget in an effective and efficient manner, supports overall compliance as well as supports the compliance risk – both in Software and Hardware area can have serious impact on company operation and reputation. A very good starting point for further specialisation in the very broad area of information security areas of expertise – namely the Software Asset Management and Hardware Asset Management.
IT Asset Management Foundation contains, besides the theoretical concepts, also practical examples. The course can be followed with a 40 question multiple choice exam to test the knowledge and certify on the topics in this book.
- Target Audience:
- Managers – who are primarily responsible for implementing and governing IT Asset Management or its part in their organizations
- IT Professionals – that need a basis understanding of ITAM or are directly involved in some of ITAM practices (e.g. SAM Manager).
- Procurement proffesionals – that are involved in IT Assets sourcing
- Internal audit – as compliance is a key concept across IT Asset management.
- Executives – who are primarily responsible for developing and/or approving IT Asset Management strategy and then overseeing its implementation and governance (The “C” suite of Corporate Officers)
- Academicians, Graduate and upper level undergraduate students – who must teach and master a fundamental understanding of IT Asset Management.
- Everyone within an organization – who wants to know more and understand the impact of IT Asset Management.
The book covers the various areas of IT Asset Management that are also addressed in the ISO 19770 and ITIL 4, by explaining the basic concepts and technologies used and giving practical examples based on practical everyday examples
Recently the ITAM certification released. Click on the button below to find out more!