Zdenek Kvapil, Q4IT
Zdenek Kvapil, Q4IT
In 2010 I was delivering a consultancy project requested by the CEO of mid-sized company who wanted objective information regarding the overall quality of his IT department. My approach was very traditional and based on a process maturity assessment of the key ITSM processes measured on a scale of 0-5. When I handed over the project, the CEO was very disappointed as he did not understand the results and did not understand what process maturity has to do with the overall IT quality of his company. At this moment I failed to fulfil the expectation of providing him an answer to his straight forward question ‘How good is my IT?’
This moment of failure triggered a search and resulted in the development of an IT quality assessment method that is understandable to a CXO and which is focused on a strategic level of IT quality assessment.
The development of the IT quality assessment is captured in a new book which is now undergoing review by the international ITSM community. The book documents our journey, the many challenges we faced, our solution, approach and the consequential development of the whole system.
Key parts of the book:
- Quality – The traditional versus the new approach
- The IT Quality model
- The assessment method
- Outputs of an ITQI assessment
- Description of the IT quality domains and their dimensions
- The top whys collected over years of field experience
- The certifications and accreditations connected to the ITQI
We believe in the huge potential of this concept as this is actively used and accepted by a large group comprising of different types of organisations.
There are 2 key ways how to actively explore the new concept:
- We can measure and benchmark the overall IT quality of your company either free internally or as a commercial service to your clients.
- Or we can deliver trainings and workshops explaining for you what IT quality is and how to improve it
14th November 2017 book was published by leading publisher specialized in IT Governance domain – Van Haren Publishing and launched in iconic London building Gherkin, which is symbolizing one of the key principles – non linearity dependency between IT Quality and IT Costs.
But the book is not the whole of what IT QUALITY INDEX is. Over almost three years of using and constant feedback the whole framework emerged:
- Book IT Quality Index – body of knowledge
- Courses – IT Quality Index Professional, Manager, Expert including certification exams – details here
- Group of experts who can deliver IT Quality Index assessment – AITQE
- Data processing mechanism including statistical analysis
- ITSM tool certification service – IT Quality Index Certified Product – details
- IT Quality Management System including visual board based on IT Quality Index dimensions
- New role of IT Quality Manager in IT organizations
IT Quality is new thoughts stream towards proactive IT management. Self-improvement mechanism needs to be encoded in every IT department. IT Quality Index book is starting this journey which many CIOs already embarked on.